Is it time to change our Water Softener?

We live in NW Kent but in the Thames Water area. Our water is moderately hard. I installed an Atlantis aT 210 ion-exchange water softener in March 2004. We've never had a problem with it & It's still working fine.

However, we're now having the kitchen completely refitted and I'm wondering if I should also take the opportunity to replace the Atlantis at the same time.

Does the resin that gets exhausted or something? Or is that just sales spiel?

I chose Atlantis at the time as I'd read it used industry-standard parts. Might that still be a consideration?

If it is advisable to replace it, which unit would you fine folks recommend?

Reply to
usenet2012

Keep it, unless you need a different size or shape or you want a metered job. . A new one will have a resin vessel and brine tank much the same, just a newer control valve. The resin lasts a very long time, iron fouling could stop it working ISTR, but why replace it if it still softens water ? Resin replacement is mostly a con.

Industry standard probably = Autotrol series valve, everyone used them at one time.

Reply to
Onetap