Is it raining dust?

It's not building site dust. The van was covered in it last night, this morning and this afternoon.

Anyone else suffered from this?

Reply to
ARW

Yup we have id down in 'ampshire too

Supposed to have come from the Sahara according to the local news.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Just a thin covering here in the Welsh borders. T'was Saharan sand, due to odd high-level winds.

Adrian

Yup. Van, car & deck (just washed).

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not a thin covering for me! I could see it in the rain as it hit the windscreen.

Reply to
ARW

So it was *your* fault, then.

Reply to
John Williamson

No, it's bits of the Sahara. Seriously.

Reply to
Huge

Wait 'til they start on the cement.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Are you still working in London or has the Sahara moved oop North?

Reply to
Robin

I am North of Watford Gap ATM.

Reply to
ARW

And as far north as Newcastle. Glad I didn't wash the car!

Reply to
Martin Brown

Only my neighbours after I bashed the vac filter out of the bedroom window.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yeah, just a little here in West Mids.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The last time was last week, Sunday night or Monday morning.

I had washed the car on Sunday afternoon.

Reply to
Graham.

Indeed it is. This happens from time to time. This is not the first time and it won't be the last.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yup, seemed to be a fine sandy coating on the cars today...

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, (London WC1). Dust storm from Sahara?

djc

es, We get this Saharan dust several times a year. I noticed it on a sheet of glass I left layed down in the garden. It felt gritty. It has been mentioned on the radio and usually is when it happens. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lets hope they have not had any chemical or nuclear accidents where it comes from then.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In some parts of the world its rained frogs and fishes, so count ourselves lucky.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff