Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants??

Page 2 of 2
Well just measured our pond its 8m*12m and 1m all over, which makes it 96 cubic meters, making it 144 a small fortune for water....

I heard from a friend that you can get a pond allowance for one pond filling, whereby they don't charge u, any body got information on this

And here was me thinking that it was only the gods that gave you free pond filling. :-))
Those who watched Fred Dibnah's early TV progs about him 'burning' chimneys down, i.e. without explosives, may remember him filling the water tank of his traction engine, sorry road roller, from fire hydrants. IIRC he said that the Bolton(?) fire brigade were quite happy for him to do this because he told them when he found one not working.
Thar knows this was a few years back, me lad.
Richard
PS I think the vehicle was called Alison - after his wife. I'm not sure that had anything to do with their eventual divorce.