Is it okay to re-use this window, but rotated 90 degrees?

Hi friends,

The UPVC window in the link below is exactly the size I need. However, I'd like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than horizontall y hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that the half-wa y divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain holes on the n ew 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem with this?

Many thanks, Al

Reply to
adeptican

d like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than horizonta lly hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that the half- way divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain holes on the new 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem with this?

I have done exactly this ten years ago. No problems.

Reply to
harry

You may need to re-pack your sealed units ... to make sure they are loading in right direction onto frame.

Reply to
rick

Good point. Thanks! Al

Reply to