Is it easy to replace DKO970 control box in Wallstar 15/20 oil boiler?

I kept the "old" DKO970 when the engineer fitted a new, allegedly compatible, TF 832.3 in its place a couple of weeks ago.

I have my suspicions about whether the new TF 832.3 *IS* truly compatible with the DKO970, since the DKO970 is for a 1-stage burner whereas the TF 832.3 is for a 2-stage burner. The Handbook does specify a DKO970.

So, since the boiler is functioning perfectly in all respects OTHER than the intermittent problem of lockout after approx 30 minutes when the boiler started from stone cold, I have decided to put the DKO970 back temporarily.

Can I do this myself (ex motor fitter!)?

This looks like an easy job, right?

The Plan:

Switch the Danfoss to OFF for both heating and hot water, disconnect the power supply to the control box (a push connector on white cable), release the single retaining screw, pull off the current control box, push on the DKO970, ensuring spade terminals engage correctly, tighten screw, reconnect power supply, switch Danfoss back to AUTO.

Does that sound okay?

MM

Reply to
MM

Is there not a "Master Switch" which turns the whole system off?

If so, i'd go for turning that off rather than the Danfoss. Otherwise what you propose ought to be ok.

IANAHE

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes