Is it common for copper pipe to be too soft for compression fittings?

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com writes

News to me, ta, I've only soldered it before.

It looks like the 19949 is the code for 15mm, 18463 for 10mm:

Quietly, I am convert to John Guest although I recall it can not be used for some

Likewise, nice long pipe runs so fewer joints, aaaand you can use compression on them too, cheap as chips.

Reply to
fred

True, but expands a lot more than copper and sags; it looks utter shit if exposed. And mice like to gnaw it.

It's other big advantage is that it has no scrap value and the pikies won't nick it, so it's useful in certain building types..

Reply to
Onetap