Is dry lining needed?

On Wednesday 06 March 2013 00:39 fred wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I should add, not I have more time, that the foam is not a "grab" adhesive, so will need supporting for an hour.

But when it sticks, it is not coming off - it really is very very sticky compared to regular PU foam.

Reply to
Tim Watts

IIRC: If you renovate more than 25% of the area of the wall you must to redo it to modern specs. This includes taking off the plaster.

Note though that you are allowed to use a less than full compliant insulation if space is limited.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

In article , Tim Watts writes

Beat me to it :-), I realised this morning that I had omitted to say that.

Yes, on fingers too, o/p should wear latex/pvc/vinyl gloves.

Reply to
fred

Thanks for the confirmation.

Memory says a reduction of 10% in area is enough to kick that off but not sure.

Reply to
fred

I had to read that several times to make sense of that last sentence. To save others, it means "Taking off the plaster counts as renovating for these purposes." not "Redoing to modern specs requires taking off the plaster".

Or there are other technical reasons why full insulation is not possible. Such a technical reason could be:

- You can't insulate externally because it is a boundary wall or you are in a conservation area. and

- You have a solid brick / stone wall that needs breathable insulation to prevent problems with interstitial condensation.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

that last one sounds a bit contrary - where's it from?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K