Is a u-bend still required for sink without washing machine?

Just a thought,

do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

The kit I brought from B&Q seems to indicate that I don't need one.

Reply to
andysideas

Yes. You'll find it difficult to connect the pipework without one.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Thanks again Nigel.

That's twice in 1 day you've helped me.

Reply to
andysideas

.do I still need a u-bend if I don't have a washing machine ?

Not if you dont mind the smell of your drains in the kitchen. It is called a 'trap' becuase it traps drain smells.

Reply to
Merryterry

Nope! it traps clean water which acts as a barrier for drain smells. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Smart Arse! Not if you pour dirty water down the sink!

Reply to
Merryterry

Yes

Reply to
Rick

Does it by any chance include one of those space-saving in-line traps with the rubber lay-flat pipe which has the same overall function, but externally looks much like a straight length of pipe?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon