IR Pass Filters

This filter is for an illuminator not a camera so IR PASS is correct. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Looking at the data sheet for a 860nm LED the spectral emission band is quite narrow.

Would you be better trying to simply drive the LED's in the illuminator with a lower current?

Reply to
Peter Parry

The bit you see is the tail between 750nm to perhaps as long as 800nm. I am a bit surprised to hear some people still see it as red. It looks grey to me but still visible on LEDs where the chip die can be seen.

An offcut of clear dyed black perspex from a sign shop might do the job.

Reply to
Martin Brown

LEDs are narrow band emmitters, if seeing a lot of red must mean its in the lower regions of IR, lower pass filter just going to cut out a lot of generated light.

Need to start with higher wavelength LEDS.

Use the visible illuminator as a scroat magnet, neer-do-wells are attracted to the red glow, put cam at face level below....

Reply to
Adam Aglionby