Invisible shelf fixings

We want to fit some sort of wooden mantelpiece (probably some sort of fairly think reclaimed oak plank) on the rather plain wall above the fireplace recess in our sitting room that has a large woodburner in it. I am intending supporting it with two brackets fashioned from the same piece of wood. I'm trying to think how I could attach it all to the wall fairly invisibly, but have no knowledge of the kinds of fittings or techniques available. Any suggestions?

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

Woodfit

stock concealed shelf supports - Part No. SB120

John Weale

Reply to
John Weale

Googling for torsion box shelf should throw up some ideas for yopu to consider.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin