Internet Laminate floor suppliers

I'm about to embark on laying laminate floor in my lounge. I've checked prices of Quickstep 800 flooring locally and they are quite a lot higher than some of the internet sellers. There seem to be a lot of internet sellers around. Some of them look slightly more reputable than others, e.g. some don't even provide an address!

Some seem to be retailers who have expanded onto the internet and hence have a showroom somewhere in the country. These would seem to be a better bet.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the companies? In general, are they ok? Any recommendations?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave C

Posted this yesterday but hasn't appeared (my fault I think), apologies if this is appearing twice....

I'm about to embark on laying laminate floor in my lounge. I've checked prices of Quickstep 800 flooring locally and they are quite a lot higher than some of the internet sellers. There seem to be a lot of internet sellers around. Some of them look slightly more reputable than others, e.g. some don't even provide an address!

Some seem to be retailers who have expanded onto the internet and hence have a showroom somewhere in the country. These would seem to be a better bet.

Has anyone had any dealings with any of the companies? In general, are they ok? Any recommendations?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Appeared fine on my server :-)

I haven't, which is why I didn't reply to your post yesterday.

One thing I will say, the quality of laminate varies *hugely*, probably more than any other flooring product. Because of this, I'd be very hesitant to buy from an online shop unless I'd seen the same range in real life.

By quality I mean 4 main things:

[a] Thickness of laminate. This can be anywhere between 0.1mm and 1mm. You need 0.5mm for a tough finish. [b] Thickness of board. This ranges from 3mm to 18mm. There really is no point buying anything under 6mm. [c] Quality of tongue and groove. This is particularly important for click together laminate. [d] Board material. The lower density chip board stuff is nowhere near as tough as the high density fibre board used on the better ranges.

There are other important qualities, such as waterproof-ness - but this doesn't apply in this case.

I've never seen good laminate at anything under £10/sqm. I don't think it's worth laying poor quality laminate - it looks good for only a few weeks.

Reply to
Grunff

Yeah. I got some kahrs from woodflooring.co.uk I think.

Phone em up and have a chat - one bloke was distinctly 'sharp' whereas the other company I phoned matched the price and sounded like a wotld weary geordie, and delivered precisely what I wanted, more or less when he said he would, and gave me some good tips on laying it too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have spoken with

and they've been very helpful. Their prices seem competitive, and when I told them my budget, they recommended something well below it, which convinced me that they're not just trying to get as much from you as possible, and do have your interests at heart. I'm popping in to the showroom tomorrow to see them on the basis of their friendliness.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I bought some Quickstep 950 from

They sell the complete Quickstep range. At the time, I couldn't find anyone to beat their prices. Free delivery over £350+VAT. Found them a great company to deal with, rang me with a delivery date and delivered when said. Another company to try is
Haven't used them though.

Reply to
Matthew Plunkett