Internal occupancy sensors (pir)

Does anyone know if there is an internal occupancy sensor available which is adjustable to vibration?
We're having a problem with one at the moment. The problem is that the sensor is mounted on the wall (tiled) of a downstairs shower room. The shower room is situated in an added extension to the house. When any doors etc are closed throughout the downstairs of the house with anything other than a firm hand the sensor activates and switches the lights and fan on in the shower room. I've tried everything with the sensor to see if this can be overcome without success. It just seems that the sensor is picking up the almost nil vibrations in the walls from the door closings and activating itself.
What I'm after is one that can either be adjusted or isn't so sensitive. I only need it to work when someone enters the shower room.
Any input appreciated.
Regards, Ian.
============================= snipped-for-privacy@powerhouseuk.com http://www.powerhouseuk.com =============================

Here you go, just fitted one and it works great, adjustable time, lux sensitivity and a manual over-ride. been in place for a week while building around it with no problems at all.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DNWAOC.html
HTH
Tony
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:00:45 +0000 (UTC), Ian Murray

I had this problem once. It turned out to be that the moulded lens strip in the detector was acting like a pressure-sensing diaphram. As it moved, the lens focus changed and the sensed IR pattern appeared to change. Gluing it in place (silicone) and drilling a big hole in the case fixed it. -- Do whales have krillfiles ?