internal door mechanism - what's it called?

Between two internal rooms we have a pair of opening doors (not sure what the proper name for such doors are..)
They take up a lot of room when open and I intend to replace them with a pair of bifold doors.
Now, I'd like to secure them when closed with the kind of mechanism that the handles operate two long brass bars that locate into holes top and bottom.
Have looked around Isaac Lord for such things, but of course I don't know what they're called so can't search effectively.
Anyone know?
Also, any comments on thelikely success of such a retaining strategy?
many thanks Richard
-- Richard Sampson

I think you mean an espagnolette bolt, Richard.
Typical example
http://www.hardwaredirectuk.co.uk/boltshtm/espagnolettehtm/espagnolettehtm.htm
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

tm
That's the badger! Thanks, Andy.
Now, guess which was amongst the online sites that I didn't search!!!
-- Richard Sampson