internal damp

Hi

I've just started a new decorating job, preparing the walls. Damp is rising through the ground on internal facing walls. I normally remove the damage and replaster the bad bits or use international dampseal paint but realise the new plaster will fail in time. I sometimes use a cement bonding coat especially on external facing walls. Owners know about possible reocurance and are not too concerned as decoration is a lot cheaper then specilist damp proofing.

I want to do the best job given time and money though. Does anyone have tips?

The worst wall has pulled a previous cement repair away with about 2mm of white salts underneath. Oh the joys of riverside georgian properties!

Reply to
Talon2000uk