Internal BBQ

I have a client who want me to source an internal BBQ for a large kitchen. Any comments positive or negative would be valued (so long as they are based on real experiences) and also any suggestions as to suppliers. I am aware that good extraction will be critical, so lets not get into that debate with this topic. Calum Sabey NewArk Traditional Kitchens

Reply to
calums

I recommend extensive market research - in every restaurant you know that offers to flame-grill.

Reply to
dom

Most kebab shops have them?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank you. Mine's a doner with everything.

Reply to
dom

They must be mad! What the hell would you want that in your kitchen for? It would be easier to get a gas one and put a cover over it outside, then take the food in. I thought I was wild having a tandoori oven fitted in the kitchen.

Reply to
john lyon

OK everybody peeps.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Any catering supplier, try the back pages of Hotel & Caterer, or nisbets.co.uk

A CORGI with a commercial ticket will probably be required for fitting.

On extraction I would simply say look into interlocking the gas and extraction.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Rumble

I used to eat at a really good kebab house that had a simple charcoal barbecue installed in a normal chimney. It was fantastic.

Simply made from mild steel with a griddle above, and notches cut in the steel to take the skewers.

The cook would cook on one side whilst adding charcoal to the other.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher