Intermittent hot water on VUW 242E

I recently changed the diverter valve on my boiler because I was gettin

no hot water at all, cost £100. I thought all was well but after the ho water has been on for a while, you turn off the hot water tap & the turn the hot water on again the boiler will not fire up again, nothin at all until a few minutes have gone by then it will fire up & run til you turn the hit water tap off again.

I'm really confused at to what's going wrong, I rang Vaillants tec line they said call an engineer, rang Vaillant for cost of enginee call out £190!! That's nearly a third of the cost of a boiler, if can't get problem sorted I'd live with it till I can afford to chang the whole boiler.

Anyone got any ideas as to why my hot water is misbehaving?

Thanks

Bernar

-- bgeorge104

Reply to