Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms_continued

Reply doesnt work, so having to post new message.

Tks for reply but I now see just the item I'm after; has arrived this side of pond

see on this US site

that they have a 120v hard wired CO alarm that also can be linked to > their smoke & heat ones. > Reading leaflet it seems the smokes will set off the CO alarm with a > different tone than when its sounding for carbon monoxide, which is > clever. > Anyone seem anything similar this side of pond in 230V??

Try looking here:

Mogweed Nov 18, 12:09 pm show options

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y From: "Mogweed" - Find messages by this author Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:09:03 +0000 (UTC) Local: Fri, Nov 18 2005 12:09 pm Subject: Re: Interlinking hard wired smoke & CO alarms Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

>I see on this US site >>
> that they have a 120v hard wired CO alarm that also can be linked to >> their smoke & heat ones. >> Reading leaflet it seems the smokes will set off the CO alarm with a >> different tone than when its sounding for carbon monoxide, which is >> clever. >> Anyone seem anything similar this side of pond in 230V?? > Try looking here: >
> Mogweed.

Doh! Just realized that these are battery only. The Kidde website

makes no mention of mains, interconnectable, combination smoke/CO alarms so I guess they don't do them for this country.

Mogweed

Reply to
Gel

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it's not the same as the US one. You said that the US one is a dual alarm, sounding different tones when it detects smoke or CO. The rechargeable CO alarm is just that - CO, not both.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

direction, or perhaps 2. (Kitchen for gas cooker and loft for the boiler). I certainly don't want to change brands. My Fyrnetics installation has some additional features, like setting off the main intruder alarm's fire zone.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle