Interior or Exteriro ply?

I have a piece of plywoodand there are no markings on it. Is it possible to identify whether it is interior or exterior ply? TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

Leave it out in the rain - if it de-laminates then it was interior. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Not really, all depends on the glue line (which would generally be one of either WBP or MR), which if you haven't got either of the faces, nor any of the edges stamped you cannot tell just by looking.

Reply to
David Hemmings

Reply to
Stickems

Hi, Hi,

Boil a small piece if you're in more of a hurry, although there's enough rain at the moment :)

By the way WBP ply means Water Boiling Proof, however it is by no means rot proof.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I thought it was "Water & Boil Proof" (referring to the properties of the resin used to bond the ply - water proof, and will also resist boiling and bubbling etc (causing deformation / de-lamination of the ply) when it gets hot.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oops, close but no cigar. I suppose if it's boil proof it should be waterproof too :)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C