Interior door lock/latch, do they have names?

Old fashioned interior door assembly, where the latch, keyhole and handle are all in a straight line. Do these have a name and are they replaceable? I need to replace one (lost key) but I can't seem to find anything that has a keyhole between the latch and handle, just ones with the keyhole below or integral with the handle. I really don't want to be making more holes in the door :(

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Horizontal mortice latch/lock. Available in 5 inch or 6 inch lengths:

andrew

You're a star, many thanks! My second stupid question, where do I measure it from so I know if it's the 5" or 6" I need?

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Make a new key for your old lock. You will need needle files and junior hacksaw. You will see how the lock works if you take it apart. Timpsons etc has blank keys.

Reply to
harry

You may find this helpful

It's not the same supplier or manufacturer, but I suspect they are reasonably standardised.

Reply to
docholliday93