Interface from telephone to computer - options?

circuit

What, 4 wire to the handset or plugin handsets? I don't think I've ever seens a phone that isn't 4 wire to the handset. Plugin handsets are quite common, some times not obvious as the plug is hidden under the base unit and hard wired into the handset.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Most old 300-type (bakelite) phones are 3-wire (plaited cord) to the handset.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Plug in handset. And I've had a fair few phones apart in my time. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Much better than the Maplin sort of this are the adapters Retell Recorders do:

'703N' adapter (dunno if still manufactured, but available on eBay) can be USB powered and interfaces from a Telephone headset adapter to a PC line input. As said elsewhere, if you record that and filter to around 3000Hz you can a perfectly decent recording.

J^n

Reply to
jkn