Interesting Video,,

What do you think ,,

Magnetic movie

The secret lives of invisible magnetic fields are revealed as chaotic ever- changing geometries . All action takes place around NASA's Space Sciences Laboratories, UC Berkeley, to recordings of space scientists describing their discoveries . Actual VLF audio recordings control the evolution of the fields as they delve into our inaudible surroundings, revealing recurrent ?whistlers' produced by fleeting electrons . Are we observing a series of scientific experiments, the universe in flux, or a documentary of a fictional world?

More info here semiconductorfilms.com/root/Magnetic_Movie/Magnetic.htm

An Animate Projects commission for Channel 4 in association with Arts Council England.

/////////////////////

The secret lives of invisible magnetic fields are revealed as chaotic ever- changing geometries .

All action takes place around NASA?s Space Sciences Laboratories, UC Berkeley, to recordings

of space scientists describing their discoveries. Actual VLF audio recordings control the evolution

of the fields as they delve into our inaudible surroundings, revealing recurrent ?whistlers? produced

by fleeting electrons . Are we observing a series of scientific experiments, the universe in flux,

or a documentary of a fictional world?

An Animate Projects commission for Channel 4 in association with Arts Council England. Shot at the NASA Space Sciences Laboratory, UC Berkeley, California, USA.

Many thanks to the following people: Bill Abbett, David Brain, Bob Lin, Janet Luhmann, Stephen Mende, Forrest Mozer, Ilan Roth and Paul Thompson. Also big thanks to the CSE team at the Silver Space Sciences Lab. UC Berkeley, USA. VLF Recordings: Stephen P.McGreevy

Awarded the Nature ?Scientific Merit Award? by Imagine Science Film Festival, New York, 2009. Purchased by the Hirshhorn Museum, Washington for the permanent collection, 2008. Awarded ?Best Film at Cutting Edge? at the British Animation Awards, 2008. Special Mention, ?Best International Experimental Short? at Leeds International Film Festival,

2008. Awarded ?Best Experimental Film? at Tirana International Film Festival, 2007.

//////

Magnetic Video,,

2007 04:47 minutes HD single channel A Semiconductor work by Ruth Jarman and Joe Gerhardt.

////

PS, OT

///////////

Reply to
Scotch Mule.

Well cannot see it, but magnetic connections and disconnections are happening on a major scale on all stars and often in the magnetic fields of planets.

If you are into fractals, many believe that the same effects can be seen at the microscopic level. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Quite literally, Brian cannot see it......

Reply to
Scott M

Ok Brian, I get it, you cannot see the vid,,

My Mystery object post,, was that you that replied..

I think so,, not checked,,

But any hoo..

I think you see a lot more than most folks..

My family for instance..

Its a personal thing Brian

i try to point at the sky and tell them it wasnot like that when we were young,

They insist that it was always like that ,, jet planes have always left that mess sky they say,

the glare in the air, that almost everyone now accepts as normal,

Is completely unnatural...

I'll tell you what i see,

Trees mm distorted growth dying and withered ..

I live in the Solway area of Scotland its a bit of a wind tunnel where i am..

And you can see how it affects the trees,,

how they suffer distort and die ,

Some of it is due to agriculture practice,,

but I believe ,,most came in with the weather ..

Im not particularly interested in fractals or outer space,,

Im more concerned about miltary use of the weather on our home..

Dr Strangelove and allo that,,

..

I like this site,,

And if you would like to listen to the Northern Lights

there is an inserting Norwegian guy here,, Rigging radio to make it audible

You might hear sumpthing I cannot see

AI will do swappies with you..

When was the last time you stood on a crunchy snail

used to be a daily experience up here,, where i am,,

We did have a pair of thrushes..

I have no idea of how successful there breading this year,, cept it was not prolific #

compared to other years,, Owls are nun ,,

I'll tell ye what i once saw,,

near penton on the scottish cumbria border..

I was working for loydds tractors at the time, and climbibing out of Penton bridge on the english side in very cold weather,,

A fence inna field,, on the left,,

with a white owl jumping from post to post,,

and do you kow what wa s funny mm

a cat was follerin up underneath,

Doant know iffin the cat wanted tae tangle wi the owl orn the meeces,,

was interesting to see though,,//

Maybe be it was mutual survival..

?????????????

Mice ,,

Well they were ther end the they were not..

Reply to
Radicalised NHS Victim.

Just adding to my other posts here

Here is the link i failed to post earlier,,

What is VLF (very low frequency radio)?

If humans had radio antennas instead of ears, we would hear a remarkable symphony of strange noises coming from our own planet. Scientists

call them ?tweeks,? ?whistlers? and ?sferics?. They sound like background music from a flamboyant science fiction film, but this is not science fiction.

Earth?s natural radio emissions are real and, although we?re mostly unaware of them, they are around us all the time.

?Everyone?s terrestrial environment almost literally sings with radio waves at audio frequencies,? says Dennis Gallagher, a space physicist at the

Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). ?Our ears can?t detect radio waves directly, but we can convert them to sound waves with the aid

of a very low frequency (VLF) radio receiver.?

////////

and another fun one called twenty hertz

..

What is VLF (very low frequency radio)? If humans had radio antennas instead of ears, we would hear a remarkable symphony of strange noises coming from our own planet. Scientists

call them ?tweeks,? ?whistlers? and ?sferics?. They sound like background music from a flamboyant science fiction film, but this is not science fiction.

Earth?s natural radio emissions are real and, although we?re mostly unaware of them, they are around us all the time.

?Everyone?s terrestrial environment almost literally sings with radio waves at audio frequencies,? says Dennis Gallagher, a space physicist at the

Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). ?Our ears can?t detect radio waves directly, but we can convert them to sound waves with the aid

of a very low frequency (VLF) radio receiver.?

The source of most VLF emissions on Earth is lightning. Lightning strokes emit a broadband pulse of radio waves, just as they unleash a visible flash of light.

VLF signals from nearby lightning, heard through the loudspeaker of a radio, sound like bacon frying on a griddle or the crackling of a hot campfire.

Space scientists call these sounds ?sferics,? short for atmospherics.

////

20Hz observes a geo-magnetic storm occurring in the Earth?s upper atmosphere. Working with data collected from the CARISMA radio array and interpreted as audio, we hear tweeting and rumbles caused by incoming solar wind, captured at the frequency of 20 Hertz. Generated directly by the sound, tangible and sculptural forms emerge suggestive of scientific visualisations. As different frequencies interact both visually and aurally, complex patterns emerge to create interference phenomena that probe the limits of our perception. Audio Data courtesy of CARISMA, operated by the University of Alberta, funded by the Canadian Space Agency. Special thanks to Andy Kale.

20Hz is co-commissioned by Arts Santa Monica + Lighthouse. Supported by the British Council. Commissioned for the Invisible Fields Exhibition at Arts Santa Monica, Barcelona. 2011-2012.

Awarded the ?Golden Gate Award for New Visions? at San Francisco International Film Festival, 2012. Awarded the ?Art and Science Award? at Ann Arbor Film Festival, 2012.