Interesting product but where can you buy it in the UK?

though, I wonder?

David

Reply to
Lobster

They look dodgy to me, they don't span enough of the joist, and we don't normally use that type of I joist anyway.

Reply to
<me9

I don't see mention of a BBA certificate, so building regs may get upset, Given how simple they look, I would imagine you can make something similar with ease.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

Agreed, the length looks too short to be of real value, more like someone thought it would be a good idea & had some made up without doing a proper mechanical design.

Reply to
fred

I don't think they'd be very effective but a structural engineer would know for sure. Better would be a long steel strap under the joist with a lot of screw fixing points. You might have to cut it in to give a flat ceiling.

Reply to
maureen1066