Intelligent NiCd/NiMh charger for single C and D cells?

Can anyone suggest where I might find an 'intelligent' (i.e. delta V) charger for single C and D sized cells?

I already have a Maha charger which charges 1 to 4 AA or AAA cells and it's so convenient I want a similar charger for C and D cells. So far all I can find are chargers that charge pairs of cells (always risky, espcially if they're used singly) or rather expensive Ansmann chargers.

Are there any other makers out there?

Reply to
usenet

Hi,

I'd get some some C/D adapters from Maplins as AA NiMh have pretty high capacity these days.

If I really needed to charge C/D NiMh I'd get some dummy AA batteries and C/D holders, break the connection on the dummy battery and wire it to the C/D holder.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Yes. Go to a model shop. They sell chargers that can cope with 4-10 cells and also often have a socket for charging single glo-plug cells - these are 1.2v D cells.

In fact the ordinaty Delta peak chargers of better quality will charge single cells

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, I may try that, thanks.

Er, yes, that's what I was asking for but I can't actually find one advertised anywhere. My Maha charger does single AA and AAA cells but not the bigger cells.

Reply to
usenet

these are 12v DC input so you need an ex CB radio 13v power supply.

I have the latter model running off just such. Its a reliable charger

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher