Integrated Dishwasher

I'm ready to order my kitchen units. I want to include an integrated dishwasher. My design allows for a 500mm wide unit for the dishwasher.

It seems that most of the smaller dishwashers are 450mm wide but cabinets don't come 450mm wide and I haven't found a 500mm dishwasher. So is a 450mm dishwasher meant to go in a 500mm cabinet?

mark

Reply to
Mark

Hi

Dishwashers don't go inside units - they go between two units. 500mm is an odd size to leave - the vast majority are 600mm.

If you can't find the extra 100mm from somewhere, you will need to get a 'slimline' 450mm unit and either shift your other units closer together or pad the gaps with some end panels or other features.

Going for a 450mm dishwasher will limit your choice though - I'd suggest trying to find the extra 100mm if possible.

Steve

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Hi

Dishwashers don't go inside units - they go between two units. 500mm is an odd size to leave - the vast majority are 600mm.

If you can't find the extra 100mm from somewhere, you will need to get a 'slimline' 450mm unit and either shift your other units closer together or pad the gaps with some end panels or other features.

Going for a 450mm dishwasher will limit your choice though - I'd suggest trying to find the extra 100mm if possible.

I second that. I have a 450 DW, it's crap. In order to get 12 place servings in (who the **** has a family this size nowadays) the teeth in the plate rack are too close together and the water doesn't get in between the plates to wash them. I have to use alternative slots and have a half empty machine each time I use it.

Instead of them designing an 8 place washer properly, they try for 12 and I ended up with a 6 place one.

(It wasn't my choice, BTW)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Thanks for the replies. I think I understand now. Fix a matching door to the dishwasher door, plinth across the bottom, done? I've taken on board the size comments and it will be a 600mm.

mark

Reply to
Mark