Integral border tiles - which way up ?

Just re-tiling my bathroom and have bought integral border tiles for the border. My question is which way up should these be fitted?

In the shops when the border is integral to the tile it looks like the border is positioned upwards.

For the best layout due to the position of the window vs border it works out the border would be best placed downwards in the border row.

Is there a standard way up these tiles should go ?

Reply to
andy.hide

Yes - the correct alignment for such items is "the other way than she expressly told you to fit them yesterday"....

Reply to
Steve Walker

Borders tend to be placed directly under a window cill where appropriate. Here they are: Continuous under, rather than broken by, the window. At a visible level above the sink taps. A decorative framing for the window cill.

BUT

The bottom line is:

The best way for you is the way YOU like them!

I refurb'd my bathroom last year with a border of small marble pieces on plastic backing (if you know what I mean). Not only did I run these horizontally around the room, but also included 2 vertical full height "borders?". This gives the room a slightly modern feel without resorting to nasty chrome tiles etc

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Photocopy a few. Pin them up either way. Then choose.

Reply to
Andy Dingley