Insurance for roof work - slightly OT

Hope someone can help. This overlaps with finance but I'm hoping someone here can help.

I need to get a flat roof replaced. Some companies who have quoted offer an insurance backed warranty which basically guards against the company going insolvent. Other companies don't. Obviously I would prefer to use one that does have insurance, but my local company, who seem to be well liked, can't/won't offer this. Anyone know if it is possible to apply for this yourself? Any ideas of who would provide this sort of insurance or a pointer to find out who does? I could try the big insurance names, but I suspect I won't match their phone systems menus i.e. press 1 for car insurance... etc! Maybe someone else who has had similar building work with insurance can check which company their policy is backed by?

Any advice much appreciated.

Pete

Reply to
Pete