Insulation to cavity wall query

Hi all, I'm having a conservatory built on the side of my house and the lads have been and built the base & dwarf walls, we are now awaiting delivery of the conservatory which should be in a couple of weeks. The walls are brick outside and Celcon/Thermalite inside and are 600mm high with one side wall full height and a 50mm cavity. It looks like a tidy job they have done but I have noticed that there is no insulation in the cavity, is this not really needed or will it make a difference to the comfort levels in winter if it is insulated. I realise that it would be a little tricky to add batts now due to fiddling around the wall ties but I'd rather do it now than regret it later. Any input greatly appreciated, Thanks, Franko.

Reply to
Franko

It's pointless insulating the walls when the roof is made of half inch plastic and there's no insulation under the floor, which is why no one bothers.

Reply to
Phil L

It's a glass roof - if that makes any difference.

Reply to
Franko

It doesn't - either way it's still got close to zero insulation value

Reply to
Phil L

Brrrrr! Cheers Phil, good job I'm having a door between it and the house - not too worried now that spring is almost here but got to think about the next winter :) Thanks, Franko.

Reply to
Franko