insulation board

Hi

I'm looking for an insulating board to ge behind tiling. There's room for about a quarter of an inch of board. Its got be be tough though, so polystyrene with a mill of cement isn't going to do. It also has to survive perpetual wetness. Is there anything suitable out there? (And where to get it from)

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think Aquapanel do an insulating variant, not sure of the thickness though.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Colin Wilson coughed up some electrons that declared:

It's a tileable cement/glass mat lined waterproof foam board. There are other makes, eg Warmup. I checked some and it seems very tough. I'm going to be using it on my floors as a combined insulator and damp proof layer.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I've costed up for hardibacker (local bms dont stock marmox), calculated the heat savings, and tbh I'm far from convinced its worth doing. I'll ask in another thread about cavity wall fill, probably would be a lot cheaper and give more heat saving.

thanks,

NT

Reply to
meow2222

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Happens I need the DPM properties too (floor is damp, about to cover with wood in some rooms). Anyway, ex boss proved that 25mm jablite over concrete raised the floor temperature about 4-5C (that is 0.5C below air temp vs. 5C below=cold feet in winter).

It may not make back it's cost in fuel, but the comport factor wil; count for something.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S