insulation and electric cables

I'm going to be insulating a small loft area in our new extension. The problem is the mains comes into the loft area and then to the junction box below so there are loads of cables going in and out. What's the best way of doing this? I know I've got to put the insulation under the cables but it'll mean there's no insulation on the corner of the house where all the cables come in/go out. Is this just something I've got to live with?

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

The only reg compliant way is to do the calculations for each cable and replace the ones that need replacing to bring them upto buried in insulation ratings. In practice this is not normally done. There is enough leeway in the ratings for this not to be burning all our houses down, but its not compliant, for a fair reason.

NT

Reply to
meow2222