insulation and building regs

Quite a few individuals have built new houses near me recently and they have all built the inner wall slightly ahead of the outer one, pinning the insulation in place as they went. Now a new development of several houses has gone up and they've completed the walls without putting any insulation in at all (the doors and windows haven't gone in yet so you can clearly see there's no insulation in place). Can it somehow be slotted in afterwards, or does it sound like they're not going to bother? Isn't this against building regs?

Reply to
Ben

Various types of insulation can be fitted afterwards. You are not required to use rigid boards.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

50% of my work as a cavity wall insulator was filling new build, it's a piece of piss given that it's all done from inside, there's little worry about hole filling and rain was never a problem
Reply to
Phil L

Ah, I've missed some important information out here. The reason I'm suspicious that they're not going to bother with insulation is that they have put a couple of token rigid boards in. One underneath a window on one house, and one just to the side of a window on another house. The token gesture nature of it makes me think that's all they're going to do.

Reply to
Ben

Perhaps those are in the places other insulations can't reach :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher