Insulating walls in small cloakroom

I am renovating a very small cloakroom which has two external walls of solid 9 inch brickwork, plastered.

The lower half of the walls will be traditional tongue and groove panelling. However I would also like to insulate the upper half, but without making the room too small.

I would like to fix some thin but effective sheet insulation directly to the existing plaster, which is sound, and cover it with plasterboard. Ideally, the insulation would be 20-25mm thick.

Any suggestions as to what to use? Also how best to fix it, and the plasterboard on top, and how best to join the plasterboard on the wall to that in the window reveal to give a neat corner joint.

Reply to
Bruce

Have a look at pre insulated plaster board.. you can get it with polystyrene or expanded foam and a foil DPM.

I think I would just use screws and plugs to fix it if the walls level.

If you are going to skim it then just uses the standard metal or plastic trim they sell for corners.

Reply to
dennis

Read the Cellotex website. Good explanation of their products and the numbers for what you can expect for each thickness.

If you have to go thin, yellow PIR foam is the stuff.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks Andy, that advice was just what I needed. I have ordered a sheet of Celotex TB3000.

Reply to
Bruce