Insulating a narrower wall cavity

From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk)

Of course the first idea was to install internal insulation but I've found out that it is possible to save space and install cavity insulation even in my old house.

Cavity insulation is better because it leaves the thermal mass of the inner leaf in thermal contact with the house air. This reduces peak summer indoor temps and reduces night time temp fall.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Though it does take longer to heat it up once it is cold.

Reply to
Mike

And gives off heat at night when you are in bed when you don't need it. That heat you paid for in your gas bill.

Reply to
IMM