Instructions for Triplex dowelling jig?

I have a Triplex (French make) dowelling jig sans instructions & am puzzled as to how to use it. The jig is the same one as:

That thread was posted in 2011. Does anyone have the instructions or explain how to use it please?

TIA

Reply to
jim

replying to jim, Tomas Eklund wrote: I came across this thread just now as I was going to throw away the original instruction sheet and was searching for a digital version. I couldn't find one online so I scanned the original instead. Hope this helps!

Tomas Eklund

Is this less than 15 years old?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

replying to The Natural Philosopher, Tomas Eklund wrote: I believe I might have bought it circa 2007, but I could be mistaken. It is however exactly the same model that the OP posted a link to (pictured).

Tomas Eklund

Don't know its a picture of text very clever.. not. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think that TNP was referring to the post that you are replying to, rather than the device.

You should be aware that you are posting via a scamming website that steals old post from newsgroups and pretends they are active discussions.

You should find a proper newsreader and learn about usenet, which is where this post came from.

I seem to remember a Tomas Eklund from the distant past, who would have known about this. Maybe you are not the same person.

It is good that you are trying to help, though.

Reply to
Bill

replying to Bill, Tomas Eklund wrote: I see... I've never stumbled upon HomeOwnersHub.com before but after reaching it from a quick google search, I saw no reason to believe that the site was anything other than a legit online forum for DIY-ers. There is no indication that it is actually a "scamming" frontend to usenet. I honestly can't see how I (or anyone else) "[could] have known about this". The question was from early

2015, which I didn't consider too old under the specific circumstances - I presume Jim still has his dowelling jig buried somewhere in a workshop drawer. Also the post had no replies and I was hoping that Jim had e-mail notifications turned on.

So, I apologize for hitting some sore usenet-OCD nerves and I'd like to thank you, Bill, for clearing things up in a semi-polite manner.

In the distant past I did occasionally explore usenet, using a "proper newsreader" and all, but I can't say for sure that I am the Tomas Eklund that you remember. Honestly though, I thought usenet was dead. The fact that actually helpful posts (I'd like to think mine is) are met by unhelpful, snarky and indecipherably monosyllabic meta posts such as those by TNP and BG is one of the reasons I'm not currently planning a usenet comeback.

Still, I wish you all a pleasant day. Stop usenetting and go dowelling! :-)

Reply to
Tomas Eklund

replying to Tomas Eklund, Ana wrote: It Helps Me! And now is April 2018. Gracias desde Madrid!

Reply to
Ana

replying to Tomas Eklund, Ana wrote: It Helps Me! And now is April 2018. Gracias desde Madrid!

Reply to
Ana

Its like beaming down from the Enterprise into the middle of something. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Using a sane portal to this newsgroup would let you see current discussion threads rather than historic ones. This is news:uk.d-i-y

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

ROFL!