Instlation above MR16 downlights

I was wondering what the collective wisdom is on what to do about loft insulation above MR16 LV downlights. I see Screwfix do a couple of products, a firehood and a steel box thing but neither seem to suit.

I am thinking about constructing a Plasterboard void above the lights. The roof trusses are on 2 foot centres and 4" high. I thought a PB void the width and height of the the trusses and about a foot wide would be OK but I don't know if I should leave some ventilation holes. The existing insulation is 4" thick and I have bought some more to run across the trusses. Any thoughts please.

Archie

Reply to
Archie

Hi Man