instant hot water...

You put bare metal pipes in a loft without insulation? My God!

Reply to
IMM

You haven't a clue.

Reply to
IMM

Hello The

That's given me an image of a bunch of sad looking women with head scarves sitting on stools around a chimney with fishing nets.

Reply to
Simon Avery

No, thats you!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats because you went to a sad excuse of a polytechnic that called itself a 'uni' to get more snob appeal.

If you had studied properly at a proper uni, you would know all about chemical scrubbing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Opps. Sorry about last reply. I assumed you were IMM again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are pathetic at times.

Reply to
IMM

This is demonstrative of the confused state of his mind. Sad but true.

Reply to
IMM

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Happened to be in Travis Perkins this morning and, idly waiting, I skimmed through the Professional Heating & Plumbing Installer mag they give away. On page 42 of the December 2003 issue, there are actually two different makes of device to achieve what the OP asked for.

Both are electric elements that keep water in a section of pipe hot. One is simply a heating tape which you then insulate over. (Flexelec self limiting heating tapes.) The other is a whole pipe that includes the element and insulation. (Hotwat Pipe from HeatSafe Cable Systems.)

I suspect that both would be cheaper to install than a bronze pump plus extra pipework. However, running costs might be another matter altogether.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

find much info online about the other system though.

steve

Rod Hewitt wrote:

Reply to
R P McMurphey

"R P McMurphey" wrote in news:sPYCb.2871$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

Glad you are still on the thread! If you are near a Travis Perkins, the magazine has a reader enquiry service - readerlink 433 for the Flexelec.

In fact -

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt