installing upvc high security lock

Good morning,

I have bought some Mila high security handles but I am unable to fit them to my upvc doors.The locks use m6 bolts. The bolt will pass through one of the holes in the door, but the other hole is narrow (perhaps 5mm) and passes through the lock body. It's frustrating because looking at the side of the door, the lock is made by Mila too.

Does this mean I have to buy a new lock? I suppose a new lock might be better and more secure than an old one? Or can I save some money and just get my drill out and widen the 5mm hole into a 6mm one?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

As long as you're not drilling out anything that's been threaded just drill it out to 6mm. A 1/2mm extra isn't going to intefere with anything inside.

Reply to
Scott M

Sorry for the delay, I was without internet, thanks for your help. Will do.

Reply to
Stephen