Installing uPVC door and frame

The front door of my flat opens into the hall of the house and is basically just a bog-standard internal door with mortice lock which leaves a lot to be desired from a sound-proofing and security point of view. I am planning to fit an external uPVC door and frame and would like some guidance on how to do this. Is there anything I need to be aware of when choosing the door ?
Thanks
SW

I bought a UPVC window and patio doors from Screwfix, and they came with quite reasonable fitting instructions. I reckon they were good value as well, and are as well made as any I've seen.
--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*