Installing Shaver Socket

In message , at 11:20:19 on Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Uncle Peter remarked:

I don't think so. Such 6-inch diameter shaving mirrors are commonplace.

What's actually easier is seeing a very small part, magnified.

Reply to
Roland Perry

eg Peter's Pecker

Reply to
ARW

Rub it then it'll be easier to see.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

When camping maybe. I just have a mirror that shows my whole face, I don't need to move around to see the bit I want.

You must have poor eyesight if you need magnification. What are you doing, trying to remove a tick? You don't need to see the individual hairs.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

In message , at 15:23:33 on Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Uncle Peter remarked:

What's the diameter, and do you need glasses to see something that close (I don't know about you, but I don't tend to shave wearing glasses).

Reply to
Roland Perry

Are you talking to me? I have a 1 by 2 foot non magnifying mirror.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Yep. I fitted one of these hairdriers in the en-suite.

When they're on a good offer again, I may fit another in the main bathroom.

Although it doesn't actually say, the shaver sockets built it do also run through an isolating transformer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It seems you have money to throw away. What's wrong with a normal hairdryer?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Ours 1979 and likewise had fuses until I replaced the original fusebox. My neighbour still has the original box but with plug in breakers instead of the fuses. He has a stand alone RCD covering his power ring mains.

Reply to
bert

A bit difficult of you do not have a socket in the bathroom

Reply to
ARW

I've never seen a hairdryer with a short cord. They usually reach out the door to the hall. If not there's a thing called an extension lead.

Reply to
Uncle Peter