Installing a Drayton programmer on a hand-valve system

Hi there,

I have what the FAQ calls a "very basic installation" with a hand valve to switch the CH off during the summer, but otherwise the boiler heats both the CH and HW at the same time. I wanted to get a new programmer / timer recently and, not really knowing what I was doing, picked up one that has dual controls (a Tempus something, 5 maybe...?)

Unfortunately when I tried to install it I discovered I only have three wires to work with (I guess because there is only one control). Is it possible to use the programmer I have? Of course I won't get separate controls, but it would be great to at least be able to use the programmer I have.

If it's not possible, is there a suitable programmer anyone could recommend?

thanks a lot for any help!!

Michael

Reply to
mcobrien