Installed new battery backup for home alarm

Page 4 of 4

Don't know the exact theory.

Well yes, but as I said they'll be straight off the charger.
--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.*

Dave Plowman wrote:

Not always.

It has some form of limiting built in to restrict the charge current to what it can cope with. A simple lead acid battery charger is a DC source of around 16 volts open circuit with a suitable series resistor. Of course modern ones will have some electronics.

Didn't say it was - I said it had a very low internal resistance - and any practical lead acid battery would take more than a burglar alarm power supply could provide without some form of limiting.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.