Installation of integrated washing machine.

I have recently moved into a property in a new development, which did not come with a washing machine installed. Instead, they supplied a

600x600 space, with pluming for an integrated appliance. I went ahead and purchased a Smeg washer dryer, which was slightly smaller than the 600mm width of the space. The appliance is a very tight fit and it squeezed into the space, with no gap either side.

There is nothing in the installation manual regarding leaving space around the edge, however I'm concerned it could cause damage to the kitchen and the appliance when it is on the spin cycle.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Howlett

I have just had a kitchen fitted, but I'm supplying my own washing machine rather than a fitted one. The kitchen fitter said its best to have around

5mm clearance either side. Mind it sounds like you have got a decent machine (we bought a siemens) so I don't expect it'll move mush if at all when it spins

Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Hoskin

As the machine is integrated it will be around 59.5mm wide, read the instructions, it will most likely give an aperture size of 600 wide x 560 deep,

If you leave too big a gap around it it will not be integrated, it will just be a washing machine with a door on the front, with an oversized gap between the adjacent doors

Read the instructions carefully for the hinge positioning, you may have to drill the door to take the hinges

If it is levelled correctly it will [should] not rattle around.

Never listen to others READ THE MANUAL, if the others give you wrong information, will they pay you damages if it goes wrong?

Reply to
kitchenman

I had to fix a leaking pipe behind a washing machine recently, and it was fitted into the gap so tight I almost needed to apply vaseline to its sides to move it in/out.

It's a real nuisance when a machine is a close fit, so 5mm either side gets my vote.

PoP

PoP

Vital to adjust the feet properly so that it doesn't shake. Take time and trouble over this - it pays off.

Reply to
John

I agree. Though it's a tad more difficult when the washing machine is jammed tight into the space available - usually you lean on the corners of the machine to see if it tips, and wind the feet (or more correctly, foot) to take out the slack. There's no slack with a tight machine :)

PoP

PoP

Just make sure you leave enough room around the glasses in the cupboard so they don't rattle against each other! LOL

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

I have a Smeg 1600 integrated machine. It is designed to fit in the tight gap. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called integrated. You wouldn't pay the extra for an integrated machine and then have a 1cm gap between the appliance and the next cupboard. It'd look crap.

Mine hardly shakes at all, even on 1600 spin.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

How are you going to get the machine out when it needs repair?

Reply to
M. Damerell

I am planning to adapt some of those appliance rollers for mine. Haven't done so yet, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Fitter did not put door on integrated was hing machine he hung it in normal way.will machine be alright,does it need the door on for balance?

Reply to
anneclarkejfc56

since the manufacturer does know what door will be fitted it would be pretty dumb to need it to work.

Is there enough clearance so the machine doesn't hit the door?

Reply to
dennis

Washing machines aren't balanced. They have a massive concrete weight to reduce resulting shake. A chipboard door is not going to make any difference.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr