Install a new washing machine drain into soil pipe

Hi

Installing the washing machine into the garage and need to plumb it in.

The soil pipes run quite close to where the machine will be.

Looking for best / easiest / reccomended ways of connecting a new drain pipe for the washer

Did a quick google and didn't turn up much, other than a 'strap on boss', I don't dare do a search on this though :-0

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul ( Skiing8 )

Sorry Paul, but you do need a strap on boss, so you'll have to get used to the idea! With one of these, a nut and bolt, solvent weld glue and a rubber plug to fit your waste pipe (washing machine so 40mm), you're all set. Basically you cut a hole in the side of the soil pipe slightly bigger than the little lip on the inside of the strap on boss, then glue the face of the boss to the soil pipe and bolt the strap around the back of the pipe. You then stick your rubber plug into the boss and your 40mm pipe into the plug. You need a little silicon gel to ease the process. I've done it twice now and I can't remember if it's easier to stick the waste pipe through the rubber plug and then into the boss, or put the rubber plug in first and the waste pipe in second.

Alistair

Reply to
Ali Mac

Thats what I thought would have to be done from what I had pieced together lots of little bits that I found in searches. The only other thing that I found was to observe the orientation of the boss as the inlet has an angle that needs to slope up

Paul

Reply to
Paul ( Skiing8 )

I've seen a new design for a strap on boss which is very similar but does not have the strap piece and so is simpler to install - very DIYable. Contact your local Travis Perkins. Neil

Reply to
nafuk

McAlpine make one that is to soil stacks what the Essex Flange is t Hot Water Cylinders. Don't forget to put a trap in somewhere betwee the boss and the washing machine or you'll get smell in room wher washing machine is. If that's the kitchen? Good way to start a diet

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker