Inspection panel in shower??

Hi, We have a slight problem, in a shower room we have a shower cubicle with partition walling on three sides and a door on the other on one side the partition is only bout 1/2 a foot wide and is where the pipes and things are, we have a problem in that the room below occasionally gets a leak from the shower above, we have managed to pin point the leak to the shower outlet but we are unable to gain access to it because the clever builders tiled from floor to ceiling and didn't leave a inspection panel.
Anybody know where I can get an inspection panel that can be tiled and removed if we need to ever remove the panel again.
Cheers for any help Oli

Would it be easier to make a hole in the ceiling from below and see if you can gain access to the drainage system under the shower tray ?
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

its not coming from the drain pipe, but the shower is a mains fed system with just a dial half way up the wall and and shower pipe outlet lower down it is the lower pipe that is leaking if its turned round slightly

Sorry !!! Mis-understood. If it's anywhere near or behind the tiled walls, then you'll have to bite the bullet and knock some of them off to get to the leak I'm afraid.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

In defence of the "clever builders" I'm afraid it's the price you pay for concealed pipework and fittings. Most built in shower installs don't give you access in the event of a problem. Most of the time, there are no problems. When there are, as BW says, that's the time to bite the bullet and do some destruction and repair to sort the problem. It's aesthetics vs practicality I guess.
Pipework buried in walls, flush mounted fittings, shower trays fitted at floor level with no trap access, all look superb. They don't look that superb when the problems develop later. You pays your money, you takes you choice.
Billp,
BillP wrote:

Whoever designed my downstairs bathroom had much forethought: The separate shower room has the plumbing on a wall which backs onto our cloakroom, with a (hopefully waterproof) partition wall in between.
So, worst case scenario, I have to buy some plasterboard some time in the future. A good excuse to get rid of the hideous tiles :-)
Ewan
The Question Asker wrote:

Can you not do it from the other side of the wall, the way they do it in hotels ?
Steve
well im wanting to get to it from the other side of the 1/2 foot wall, but what i wanted to know is wher edo i get the inspection panels to fit in after i have hacked away at the tiles, cos no doubt after i have fixed it and tiled it it will leak down the line so thought I could fit an inspection panel now but not sure where i can get them from, im after the metal frame kinda like a man hole cover but which i can tile and fix it in the gap with screws dont think ive explained myself very well

The Question Asker wrote:

Are you saying this wall is tiled on BOTH sides then ?
Steve
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:53:05 -0000, "The Question Asker"

You might have one already. Get a Fein Multimaster and the carbide sawblade. You can saw a hole clean through the tile joint line and the backing board, and lift out aneat panel. Then it goes back onto a newly constructed support batten with some low-strength mastic and you can grout it back invisibly.
-- Smert' spamionam