Inspection of pressurised water cylinders

I've been reading up about heatbanks and pressurised DHW systems in the archives and am sure I came across a comment that PDHW tanks have to be inspected annually for insurance purposes.

Can someone confirm this please? I've been visiting a friend who has just bought a backpacker's hostel and he showed me this large HW tank and mentioned there was no header tank. Having never seen a pressurised tank before and read about the inspection thing, I asked him about this and he didn't know.

To further confuse the matter, I've been looking at the Megaflo tank specifications on the Heatrae Sadia website and it says that no annual inspection is required as there is no sacrificial anode (or was it cathode!).

I've raised a little bit of concern on this guy's part and it would be better if I could get a definite Yes or No to pass on to him.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

Hendy7

Find out exactly what it is. It may be a thermal store. If an unvented cylinder check the makers name. It should be on the side. The makers will tell you if an annual service is required. They should tell him if a business which takes in members of the public should have one too.

The Sadia's require the air bubble to be re-instated once a year. They say this is a user function. I can't see an old lady doing it.

Reply to
IMM