Inspection hole in chipboard floors

Has anyone any experience of either the

Solid board cutter [uses an SDS drill]

?id=77885&ts=05753or the Trend ROUTABOUT [uses a router]
cost roughly the same [about 75 quid when 10 templates are bought]

The Solid board cutter solution uses a SDS drill, while the Trend solution uses a router. I like the trend solution since in my experience routers tend to cut neater holes than a large drills, but having said this I like the fact that the drill solution would be able to cut holes much near to walls.

Alternatively are there any other products out there for cutting inspection holes in chipboard flooring. I dont planning on cutting that many holes so a solution costing a lot less than 75 quid would definitely be preferable.

James

Reply to
James

M.

Reply to
Markus Splenius

?id=77885&ts=05753>> or the Trend ROUTABOUT [uses a router]

> Both cost roughly the same [about 75 quid when 10 templates are bought] >

=================== Have a look here:

for plenty of cheaper solutions.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

?id=77885&ts=05753>> or the Trend ROUTABOUT [uses a router]

> Both cost roughly the same [about 75 quid when 10 templates are

I've got the Trend Routabout and wouldn't be without it. In a modern house with chipboard flooring it is worth its weight in gold. Easy to use, gives consistent, quality results every time. Never had a need to cut a hatch close to a wall so that wasn't an issue. No experience of the hole saw solution, but I wonder whether it would give as a tidy a result as the Trend.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

?id=77885&ts=05753>> or the Trend ROUTABOUT [uses a router]

> Both cost roughly the same [about 75 quid when 10 templates are bought]

experience

When it gets blunt, it's a lot cheaper to buy a new router cutter than replace the whole hole saw.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I agree. The holes are neat and you can get pretty close to a wall if a small router is used.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Is it? Some hole saws are very cheap.

Reply to
usenet

In 250mm?

Reply to
Andy Hall

On 20 Jan 2005 11:24:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk strung together this:

Not a solid board cutter though are they?

Reply to
Lurch