Inspection chamber

Hi all,

Anyone a rough idea of how much it would cost to move an inspection chamber about 3 meter's. There is currently 2 inspection chambers about 6 meters apart, chamber A is supposed to be moved about 3 meters into the garage area.

A builder doing an extension for me does not want to do this job but has quoted for this as part of the extension build, but I don't know what the cost to do this should be, I am worried that he is going to say 200 pounds or something, I think it is quite a big job!

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

On 25 Jan 2004, Kevin wrote

It doesn't sound like a tiny job to me; I'll be interested to hear what others think.

(FWIW, my gut reaction is that two hundred quid would be on the reasonable side.)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

It is. Its dirty hard work digging out the old, and laying the new. I'd say more like 350 quid.

Two man days for a labourer, or a day with a digger.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It depends on a lot of factors! How deep is it? How many pipes connect to it - is it just an in and out, or are there branches coming in? Do you wish to move it along the line of the pipe, or at right angles to the pipe - such that the pipes will need diverting?

Reply to
Set Square

Thanks for you help on this everyone, we are going to discuss this with the builder tomorrow. As his quote included doing this job and his cointractor did not actually do it we are hoping to get either a refund for the cost of the job or for him to relocate the chamber as originally requested.

Thanks again

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin