Inspection chamber

Hi all,
Anyone a rough idea of how much it would cost to move an inspection chamber about 3 meter's. There is currently 2 inspection chambers about 6 meters apart, chamber A is supposed to be moved about 3 meters into the garage area.
A builder doing an extension for me does not want to do this job but has quoted for this as part of the extension build, but I don't know what the cost to do this should be, I am worried that he is going to say 200 pounds or something, I think it is quite a big job!
Thanks
Kevin
On 25 Jan 2004, Kevin wrote

It doesn't sound like a tiny job to me; I'll be interested to hear what others think.
(FWIW, my gut reaction is that two hundred quid would be on the reasonable side.)
--
Cheers,
Harvey
Kevin wrote:

It is. Its dirty hard work digging out the old, and laying the new. I'd say more like 350 quid.
Two man days for a labourer, or a day with a digger.

It depends on a lot of factors! How deep is it? How many pipes connect to it - is it just an in and out, or are there branches coming in? Do you wish to move it along the line of the pipe, or at right angles to the pipe - such that the pipes will need diverting?
--
Cheers,
Set Square