Inspecting Rayburn Royal internal flueways

We have a Rayburn Royal vapourising oil cooker (not a conversion). I think OF7 but similar to 208K. It is on a service contract but, with a new engineer, I think the service is not being done fully and the internal flueways may be choked with soot. It is certainly very sooty near the burner.

How can I inspect the flue ways? Do I have to get access where the burner is (there is no access door above the door to the burner)?

Maybe the hotplate lifts or can I remove the top or a side panel? If so, how? The top has four chrome disks so maybe these prise off.

Reply to
Roger Stansfield

sooty

ooh no - you don't want to be doing that. isn't there a plate in the hotplate that lifts out? the whole hotplate will lift out but you may need to replace the "asbestos" rope seal if it hasn't been moved for some time. I wouldn't have thought that it should be a sooty burner and would suggest that the "servicing" is not as thorough as it could be? And.... shame on you, have you never peered over the guy's shoulder??

Reply to
richard