Inset halogen lights above bathroom

Hi. We had our bathroom done last christmas an I haven't really been up in the loft since then Anyway, I noticed that the electrician who put the inset lov voltage lights in just shovelled all the insulation above the bathroom out of the way to put the lights and their transformers in. He has left the lights exposed and not returned the insulation.

I am presuming that it would be "A Bad Thing" (tm) to cover the lights and transformers up with insulation, but what should/could be done to return the insulation?

TIA. M.

Reply to
MrMoosehead

"MrMoosehead" wrote

Fit covers over lights and insulate upto these.

See:

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

These are probably in the FAQ, right? Should have RTFF first shouldn't I? }:8)

I like the ducting and gauze plan. The intumescent ones won't solve the heat generated by transformer problem will it.

Reply to
MrMoosehead

It is normal to leave at least 6" around these lights without insulation. I've just had my loft insulated and that is exactly what the installers did arround mine.

Reply to
Broadback

?lnk=st&q=&rnum=3&hl=en#8930829a05ec096a> >

Hmm. Seems a bit daft to leave a big gap without insulation. I like the ducting and gauze idea.

Reply to
MrMoosehead