Inset Bar Fires - do they exist?

We're planning an extension onto an outside wall which currently has the level (fan driven) flue from a living flame gas fire. We haven't got much space for a vertical flue up to the roof and I.m not too keen on the idea of removing some of the current outer bricks to help this. I'm also instinctively not too keen on flueless gas fires (I know this is bonkers and that they have an excellent safety record!).
We've decided that the best option is to switch to an electric fire in the inset. But we quite like a cosy radiant heat. All the electric inset fires I've seen have fan heaters as their heat source.
Anyone know if you can get inset electrical fires with bar elements for a nice radiant heat? TIA for any suggestions.
--
Paul

I'm not keen on them either. Winter is damp enough without burning gas to add to it.

I haven't seen wire-wrapped elements for years, but the sort in a quartz tube are still around. Personally I like the white ceramic elements - lower temperature, so they radiate at a longer waverlength. They tend to heat solid objects (like me) more than the air. Handy in larger spaces or workshops. There are lots of radiant heaters around, but either they're all "workshop" styled, or that's just the ones I look at.
What does "cozy" mean ? Do you just want to feel radiant heat, or do you want a cheery glowing object ?
-- Smert' spamionam
http://www.dimplex.co.uk/consumer/radiant.htm