insect screen ?

Large cladding job underway on external building.

The job has a brick dwarf wall, on which is standard 150mm OSB clad timber frame panels ... this is vertically battened (underway now) then will have Thermowood cladding (shiplap pattern)

The bottom (1st) run of shiplap will effectively have a gap running along it's bottom edge, between every vertical; batten .. this I can see being a very desirable place for spiders, wasps etc. I can't bock this off as it needs to allow airflow for ventilation, and water drainage for any rain that gets through.

I need to put some for of insect screen to fill this gap, before I fix first run of cladding.

Anybody know if I can get a roll (or easily cut sheet) of some form of insect screen that will last ...... and if so where from.

A Google about has only come across it in the sheets for doors/windows, not sure if that stuff will last.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Wouldn't this be a place to use a breathable building fabric?

Reply to
RubberBiker

Wouldn't let water out which the O/P wants

Reply to
Andy Burns

Fine mesh net curtain? Look in Caravan shops - an impregnated net is sold for use in caravans. Alternatively look for fine mesh expanded aluminium in sheds etc

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

want their 57 micron hole stainless steel mesh

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>"

Thnx

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Try

aswell13

Try

aswell13

Their insect screen mesh appears to have an aperture size of 1.1mm (standard) or 1.2mm (heavy duty), which will not stop all insects.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Rick Hughes" saying something like:

Farm supply store. Yellow Pages.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I think it'll do about 20 years, judging by mozzie screens I've seen over here. I suppose that's a reasonable sort of timeframe between maintenance

- long enough that there'll be other things needing doing by then, too.

If using that stuff, I think you might want to think of ways to make your life easy when it does need re-doing, so maybe some sort of removeable framework or something rather than pinning the sheet itself directly to the structure.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules